Monday, April 12, 2010

The Bucket List

I don't know about you guys, but I've certainly found it a principle in life that you don't appreciate something until you're about to lose it. It's only been in the last couple of years as I contemplated moving that I really started to discover what an amazing place I live in now. I live in the heart of Gold Country surrounded by towns with rich and exciting histories, but to me, they were just places I shopped and ran errands. Oh, I might see something interesting, but I've always been busy, and always promised to 'do it another day.'

Of course, you all know what happened. Tomorrow never came. But now I only have 2(ish) more months until I'm gone forever (or at least until I can wangle a visit). It's do or....regret it a whole bunch . So I have been working on my bucket list; places that are special to me I'd like to visit one more time or ones I've never gone to, but have always intended to see 'someday.' Gas being what it is, I've tried to keep them local, and my finances being what they are, I've tried to keep them cheap!

For the next 2 months I will be profiling my attempts to check off as many places on my list as I can, and I hope you will join me for the ride!

The Bucket List:

Get an ice cream cone at the Big Dipper in Escalon
Get an ice cream cone at the Ice Cream Emporium in Sutter Creek (I'm sensing a theme!)
Tour Preston Castle
Stop at the Jackson scenic over-look
Visit the site of Black Bart's first and last hold-ups
Walk to the bridge over Camanche Lake
Float through Natural Bridges
Camp at Camanche Lake,
Eat at King Tsin in Lodi
Go to Daffodil Hill
Visit Pixie Woods in Stockton
Do lots of photo shoots for people
Ride my bike to my mom's house
Buy pumpkin ravioli from the Italian place in Jackson
Tour the history museum in San Andreas
Stroll through the tourist shops of downtown Jackson and Sutter Creek
Visit the Jackson museum
Make fresh strawberry jam
Raise a litter of caterpillars
Go swimming at Lion's Park in Sutter Creek
Take a trip to the top of Mount Diablo
See Yosemite again
Go camping in the mountains before there are none
One. Last. Trip. To. The. Beach.
Find a way to adequately thank every person who has helped me through the years and so richly blessed my life.

Ok, well that last one's impossible, but it's not going to stop me from trying! I know I won't get them all done, but I'll give it my best shot and see how well I do. It helps that I've cheated a little, because some of them I've already done as of this writing and will post about them later. Hope you enjoy your whirlwind California Appreciation Tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment