Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Photo Fraud is Perpetrated

Maybe it is because I was the youngest child and received the gentle parenting a youngest deserves by birthright (my siblings might phrase it somewhat differently...spoiled rotten might be mentioned), but I usually get my own way. Of course I only want good and upright things, so those around me that do what I want will only be benefited by it!


Last week, I decided that what my mom needed to feel better from her illness was to get out of the house and see the kids frolic on the cemetery hill with their skis and snowboard. Of course, I had no intention of letting her back in the house without getting on them for a try.

After she'd watched the kids for a bit and was ready to go back in, I dashed down the slope with the pair of skis. My mom didn't have deep boots on, so she couldn't go very far off the path, but that was OK, because she couldn't do anything very exciting so far as slopes anyway. She walked about 8 feet up the gentle slope and I got her on the skis pointing back towards the road. Whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. She didn't move. I got my camera out to record the event and Devon had the brilliant idea of posing next to her to simulate actual movement. I think he did a fine job.


Then it was time for real forward momentum. The skis began to slide, and I think Mom made it, oh, 2 feet before she slid off and lost one of her skis. It was sheer poetry. I think we may have to wait until next winter for the snowboarding (baby steps, baby steps), but I'm sure when it happens that it will be just as magnificent as her skiing.

2 comments:

  1. Chrissy the HyphenatedApril 4, 2011 at 8:28 AM

    ROFLLLLLLLLL!!! Love the "motion study" photo! And Susan, I think you look very graceful with your toe pointed in that lovely ballerina style.

    ReplyDelete