Wednesday, October 31, 2012

What the World has Been Waiting For

So it's only 6 more days until the Election. Anyone besides me looking forward to Nov. 7? When I was little, I hated election season because all those political ads got in the way of more important things---like cereal and toy ads. Not much has changed there, except now I don't like the other ads either!

 Even if I start out liking a candidate, by the time I've been told 50,000 times how wonderful he is, I can't stand him. I mean, imagine a dating relationship like that.....

"Hi, Sweetie."

"Hello....Have I told you lately how wonderful I am?"

"That's nice. How was your day?"

"It was fully awesome, because it had ME in it."

"Well, I had a pretty good day, too. I got promoted, and got a $10,000 raise, and an offer to star in a big Hollywood production.

Dear?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did you say something? I was thinking about how lucky you are to have me."

And it just goes on and on until you're ready to scream. This presidential election cycle is also the first one I've been through on Facebook, and that has given me a lot more exposure to the political leanings of my friends and family. It doesn't help, either, that this election is one that people feel particularly strongly about. Both sides seem to feel that the United States will collapse into utter destruction if the other guy gets elected.

All of the emotion, rhetoric, hyperbole, passion, and mudslinging has left me feeling tired and over-saturated. I'm sure many of you feel the same way. Which is why this is the perfect time to debut my newest blog, Political Therapy: Because the world has been waiting to hear my opinions...

Ok, Ok. Stop banging your head against the wall and screaming. The reason I'm doing this is to keep the political stuff off of this one. I've always wanted this blog to be a happy place, both for me and my readers. But I'm discovering that every once in a while I need to burst out with an opinion on something more serious. So if you want to, you can go check out what I have to say. And if not, this will still be a happy place of cinnamon, spice, and rainbows. Everyone needs something like that in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment