Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Seattle Sights...

I came to Seattle with a laundry list of things I wanted to do and see---as usual, I was way too optimistic in what I could accomplish in the time I had allotted. All I managed to accomplish in my 2 full and 2 half days sightseeing was to figure out what I wanted to do if I ever came to Seattle again!

But I took LOTS of pictures. After so long on the prairie, it was nice to be a little hemmed in. And I happen to love urban photography---maybe because I so seldom encounter any urbans at home. You, dear readers will pay the price for my enthusiasm. There is no way I can whittle down my photos to a decent amount, so I am going to post them allllllllllllll. Lucky, lucky you.

Pioneer Square: The historical district of Seattle. Filled with beautiful brick buildings, creeping ivy, fascinating alleyways, tourists everywhere you turn, and a large amount of homeless people. Location of the Underground Tour, my absolute favorite thing we did on our trip. But more about that later...











Seattle Center: The iconic (and expensive to ascend) Space Needle is located here along with several museums and more souvenir shops than you can shake a stick at. We didn't go up to the top of the Space Needle, but we went in the store at the bottom. That counts for something, doesn't it? We were too late to get into the Science Museum, but we did get to admire the exterior of the EMP museum. It is an amazing building; the monorail runs right through it!












Random Seattle scenery: As it turns out, I have somewhat of an addiction to alleyways. They make such nice linear subjects to photograph and I happen to be a rigid, geometrical kind of gal!







Sadly, I wasn't able to take the ferry around Puget Sound or visit the Seattle Art Museum, or go to the tulip festival, or take the Duck Tour, or see a movie at the IMAX, or kayak along the islands, or...or...or...

Oh, well, there's always next time.

1 comment:

  1. Truly lovely pics, Linear Girl.

    Dana
    A former Underground Tour guide

    ReplyDelete