Monday, December 12, 2011

Progress: It Happens Occasionally


Thanksgiving weekend marked the one year anniversary of being in my new home. I had intended a photo essay chronicling the improvements I'd made in the intervening year, but alas, it was not to be. It took a couple more weeks to get things to the place I could actually allow photos of my house to be published. It helps that my Christmas decorations are up; Christmas makes anything look better!

But first, a reminder of what it used to be.....

My old room...My new room had the same wood paneling, but was in worse condition.


The kitchen.


The entryway.


The living room after I first painted it.



I am sooooooooooo happy with my new bedroom now that I've moved in. After staying for over a year in a dark brown wood-paneled room, I am glad to settle into my own space with my own furniture, in my own bed! Technically, I'm not in my own bed yet, because I don't have the board to support the mattress. I'm more under my own bed, but it still has a nice feel to it.

The kitchen:





The entryway:



The living room:





Laura's room:



My room:










Any rooms not shown are not fit for public consumption. One thing at a time, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment