Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Because They Won't Let Me in the Fair


I live a very sad, unfortunate life without purpose or meaning. Everything I do is in Westby, but I live just across the border in North Dakota. This means I can't enter the Sheridan County Fair because I'm not a resident. I could enter the Divide County Fair, but they hold theirs in early June and I'm always busy then. So every single year my poor, sweet photography just sits in my camera instead of heading off to fame and fortune by way of the arts and crafts department. Long-time readers will recall I whine about this every year.

The fair starts in two days, so to make myself feel better, I'm going to post a bunch of photos I've been taking lately of our gorgeous summer surroundings. Prairie country in the summer is like living in TeleTubby land....green, green grass and blue, blue sky as far as the eye can see.

The day begins with a beautiful sunrise...


The prairies are covered with a soft mist...


The mist burns off, leaving green wheat fields under a blue sky...




Waterholes are surrounded by wildflowers...



God's country....


2 comments:

  1. This year, I didn't get to enter, either. I called the # for the fair office, the person told me entries were due by the 20th, I wrote it on my calendar as I spoke to her, and then found out the 20th that it had really been the 18th. >:(

    Poor, poor me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photographs, Tina!

    ReplyDelete