Monday, June 13, 2011

My House in the Spring


Lest some of you furreigners from California think that there is nothing but blizzards and tornadoes in North Dakota and Eastern Montana, I have photographic evidence that from the 30th of May until the 15th of June, spring is scheduled in. At least on some years.

Just to remind you of what the landscape looked like not-so-very-long ago....


Now I have traded snow for grass, icicles for flowers, and cold for mosquitoes. OK, that last part isn't much of an improvement, but I still think it's worth it.


My driveway then....and now.

My shelterbelt of trees. Gotta get some evergreens in there!


Boy, I'm glad it's spring! And that it will be several whole months before that all starts back up again. Now that I've been here a year, and through some of the tornadoiest, snowiest, rainiest, iciest, and floodiest weather they've had in many years I feel a little more confident that this wimpy Californian can handle the tough mid-west. A little.

No comments:

Post a Comment