Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Cup of Christmas Cheer


Every year at Christmas I have the ambition to be a little more organized than the year before. At this rate, I will reach perfection by the year 2897. Sigh. I just don't think I was cut out to be one of those super-organized, Type-A Martha Stewarts with all their gifts purchased, wrapped, and filed under the Dewey decimal system---and all by Jan. 31st.

But I still try to shop ahead, take advantage of sales and clearances throughout the year. And I do end up with quite a little collection of odds and ends by Christmas. My problem is that once December gets here and it's actually the Christmas season, the gift-giving lobe of my brain kicks into high gear.

Not only do I think of gobs of people I want to give gifts to, but I come up with so many great ideas for the gifts. So I keep planning and scheming, plotting to fill my ever-lengthening gift list. Help---somebody stop me before I place another Amazon order!

And for the first time since the move, I have enough mental wherewithal to plan and execute some home-made gifts. I'd tell you what they are, but then I'd have to kill you. Actually, I'd tell you what they are, but since a good share of the recipients read this blog, it would take some of the surprise off, ya' know.

But tonight,...ah, yes...tonight belongs to me.

 My annual treat is getting the latest edition of "Christmas in My Heart" (if you like Christmas, warm-fuzzies, and nostalgia, GET THEM!). "Christmas in My Heart" is a series of books filled with heart-warming short stories, some new, some old, and all of them enjoyable.

And today Volume 21 arrived in the mail. So instead of scrabbling to finish "just a little more", I'm going to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa.

Don't forget to take your break today!


No comments:

Post a Comment