Monday, March 26, 2012

The First Thunderstorm of Spring

Or so I'm told!   
I live 10 miles south of town and it's not at all unusual for us to have completely different weather. Friday night we had some freezing rain blow through, but Westby had a much more exciting time of it than I did. In the morning I woke up to a little bit of ice on the car and the trees, but when Caleb and I got into town we found a winter fairyland coated in crystal ~ plus ~ they'd gotten a loud thunderstorm directly overhead into the bargain.

The first good storm of the warm season and I sleep through the whole thing. I was in a rush to get to church, so I couldn't take the time do the scenes justice, but I snapped a few shots on my way into the house.





We never had freezing rain in California...our rain was ordinary and didn't know how to do any tricks....so I'm still excited by how pretty it looks after a freezing rain storm. Pretty, but treacherous if it rains hard enough, so it's best to stay in the house if you can until it thaws. Otherwise, a full suit of armor lined with quilt batting would be very handy to have.




No comments:

Post a Comment