Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Family Fun with Frozen Fog

We finally got some frozen fog, our first this "winter". It is one of my favorite weather phenomena around this area, even if it is often accompanied by power outages from heavily laden wires snapping. This time was short enough that nothing broke, at least in our area, so there was nothing to get in the way of our enjoyment of such delicate beauty.


Caleb and I each have our own unique way of appreciating frozen fog. I like to wander around, ooo-ing and ahhh-ing over the different scenes of crystallized magic, snapping pictures as the spirit moves me. Caleb likes to take a baseball bat and hit the trees while all the frost falls off. He actually crushed in the metal baseball bat from hitting too many trees. Oh, well. Cheap, easy fun for the children....Maybe I should start a parenting blog about activities for teens.



It was kind of fun, standing under a tree and being showered with fluffy ice powder, but I still prefer my method.



No comments:

Post a Comment